1. All rates are quoted in Malaysian currency. Rates may vary without notice. Rates as advertised on The Stirling Suites website or any other website or promotional material are subject to change at any time and may increase or decrease at The Stirling Suites’ discretion. All rates are inclusive of 6% SST.
2. All Malaysian citizens are required to present their national identity cards (NRIC) or valid passports upon check in. All foreigners (non-Malaysian citizens) must present their valid international passports upon check in. The Stirling Suites require valid contact information from the guest including but not limited to first and last name, address, phone number, and signature. The names of all guests occupying the room must be registered. Information regarding guest vehicle license plate is also gathered at check-in for security.
3. Tourism Tax will be applied to non-Malaysian under Section 6 Tourism Act 2017. The tourism tax rate is MYR10 per room per night to be paid upon check-in.
4. Standard check-out time is at 12 noon; Check-in time is after 2 PM. Early check-in and late check-out may be requested (subject to availability). If available, charges may apply.
5. The Stirling Suites accept Cash, all major Credit/Debit Cards and online transfer. The Stirling Suites do not accept cheques and do not provide cheque cashing services.
6. A fixed incidental deposit of RM150.00 will be required in the form of cash or debit/credit card upon check-in. This deposit is fully refundable upon check-out if not utilized and subject to a damage inspection of the accommodation. Cash deposit will not be refunded by using bank or online transfer if guest failed to claim guest deposit upon check out. For credit card deposit transactions, The Stirling Suites will hold (Pre-authorize) the deposit value. A pre-authorization is a temporary hold of a specific amount of guest available credit limit balance placed on guest debit/credit card. Pre-authorization is not a charge to guest account, it is a hold on those funds. Once the actual charge is posted at check-out, it will be released 3- 14 days after check-out depending on the credit card issuers processing speed. For debit card or online deposit transactions, The Stirling Suites will bank in or online transfer the remaining/deposit amount within 5 banking days after check-out. The Stirling Suites has no control over the policies of guest bank/card issuer and will not be held liable for any “insufficient funds” penalties or any other resulting fees or charges. It is guest responsibility to fully understand the manner in which guest’s bank/card issuer processes pre-authorizations and charges to guest debit or credit card, where applicable.
7. All bookings/reservations are subject to availability. A valid debit card, credit card or cash deposit is required to guarantee guest booking, where applicable.
8. Booking and revisions must be arranged through website or The Stirling Suites reservation team. Room rate(s) is/are subject to adjustment based on prevailing rates during new travel date(s). Cancellations and amendments can be made free of charge until 3 days before arrival otherwise a one night room charge of every rooms cancelled will be imposed. Once bookings made and/or guest(s) checked in, bookings are non-refundable. However, large group/block reservations must be cancelled thirty (30) days prior to arrival date. Reservations cancelled without required notice may be charged one (1) full room charge for each room reserved and the balance of their reservations will be cancelled.
9. Generally, third party payment is not permitted. In the case of paying for a family member, if payer will not be physically present at the hotel, The Stirling Suites require prior completion and approval of a Credit Card Authorization form including a copy of the payer’s Malaysian identification card/passport and the front and back of payer’s credit card, where applicable. Guests may also guarantee the booking by making a full payment of room rates. The payer will be responsible for any and all damages and loss. The Stirling Suites reserve the right to refuse reservation at any time for whatsoever reason.
10. In the event that the guest fails to check-in on time at the booking date, the room will be held for the guest arrival until 6:00 pm on the day of the guest’s scheduled check-in after which the booking will be deemed cancelled, unless The Stirling Suites receive due notification. The Stirling Suites may, with sole and absolute discretion, shall accommodate a new guest to the guest room for the remaining booking terms without any further notice given to the guest. Upon that, the previous booking will be deemed cancelled. However for guaranteed bookings/reservations, the room will be held until check-out time the day following arrival after which will result in a No-Show fee being charged to guest credit card. Guest will only be charged the first night, one (1) night’s full room rate and the balance of the reservation will be cancelled.
11. During peak seasons and holidays, all reservations are required to be guaranteed. The Stirling Suites reservations team will request for prepayment via website, online payment, credit card authorization, or cash deposit at least 7 days prior to check-in in order to guarantee the reservation. The Stirling Suites reserves the right to cancel the reservation in the event of failure to submit prepayment, credit card authorization form, bank deposit slip or any form of proof of payment prior to the deadline.
12. Guests are liable for any damage howsoever caused (whether by the deliberate, negligent, or reckless act) to the room (s), premises or property caused by guest or any person in guest party whether or not staying at the hotel during stay. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, The Stirling Suites reserve the right and guest hereby authorize us to charge guest credit or debit card for any damage incurred to room or the property during guest stay, including and without limitation for all property damage, missing or damaged items, cleaning fee, guest compensation, etc. The Stirling Suites will make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialist to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum. The Stirling Suites reserves its absolute rights to commence any legal action or proceedings against the guest in relation to any damages incurred to the rooms or to the property while in the
premise. The Stirling Suites also reserve its absolute rights to charge the credit/debit card of the said damages incurred to the rooms or to the property without any notifications and if such costs of damages are unable to recover fully from the credit/debit card, The Stirling Suites shall commence a legal proceedings against the guest without prior notice.
13. Money, jewels and other valuable items/belongings are brought to the property (The Stirling Suites) at guest’s own risk. The Stirling Suites and its management accept no liability and shall not be responsible for any loss, stolen, misplaced or damaged thereto and guests remain solely responsible for the safe keeping of their belongings including vehicles. All vehicles are parked at the risk of the owner. The Stirling Suites shall not assume liability or responsibility for any vehicle, occupants, or contents while operated or parked on the property. If a vehicle is left in the parking lot after the guest has departed without the property’s written consent, The Stirling Suites reserves the right to have the vehicle towed at the owner’s expense. No vehicle repairs on the premises.
14. The Stirling Suites is a non smoking property. However, smoking room can be arranged with request upon reservation. If the guest failed to make a prior arrangement, a cleaning fee of RM500 will be imposed upon the registered guest should there be smoking activity detected in guestrooms. Candle, incense, essential oils etc. are prohibited as well. These items and activities will be treated as smoking and the cleaning fee will be applicable.
Guests are encouraged to notify The Stirling Suites’ Guest Service Agents if guest smell cigarette or other objectionable odours detected. A designated smoking area is provided outside and away from the building. Guests may speak to The Stirling Suites’ Guest Service Agents for information about the designated smoking area outside guest room.
15. All guest(s) are prohibited to bring in the following to The Stirling Suites:
b.Foods with pungent smell and resin such as durian, tarap, jackfruit, mangosteen etc
c.Any non-prescribed drugs, flammable liquid, bio hazard, heavy machinery.
d.Any electronic/electrical appliances which may interfere or obstruct with the property's network/systems.
e.Any other items which may disrupt directly or indirectly The Stirling Suites operation or interrupt other guests' stay.
If The Stirling Suites investigation concludes that guest have brought a prohibited item into the property, guest will be fined RM500 and will be evicted without any refund.
16. Open fires, flames, cooking grills and appliances are not allowed anywhere in the vicinity except for appliances provided in guest room.
17. Visitors must be accompanied by the registered guest at all times. The registered guest is responsible for guest’s visitors at all times.
18. Only registered guests may access or use property’s facilities without additional charges. Visitors/non-registered guests will be charged accordingly. Guests/visitors are required to comply with the The Stirling Suites’ rules and regulations relating to the use of any of its facilities, equipment and services such as swimming pools, gym, and fitness equipment. The use of these facilities, equipment and services are entirely at guest/s’ or visitor/s’ own risk. The Stirling Suites shall not be liable for any personal injury, death, or loss or damage to property caused to any person arising from or in connection with guests/visitors use of the property’s facilities, equipment and services.
19. The Stirling Suites enforces a strict “NO PARTY” policy. No parties, loud disturbances and/or noise-nuisance are allowed or tolerated on the premises. In the event that any guest is identified as having a party/causing disturbance, one polite request (warning) will be given to reduce the noise. If The Stirling Suites request is not adhered to, The Stirling Suites reserves the right to immediately request all occupants of the room up to, and including, the guest who has registered for the room, to vacate the premises. In the event that an eviction does occur, the money paid is non-refundable. In addition, the registered guests will be required to settle the account prior to departure for any expense resulting from additional cleaning of the apartment, replacement of any furniture/fixture/fitting breakage, as well as for any required repairs.
20. The Stirling Suites is subject to statutory controls, including those relating to fire, licensing, entertainment, health, hygiene and safety. These requirements must be strictly observed by guest, guest’s visitors and/or representatives at all times throughout guest stay at the property.
21. The Stirling Suites reserve the right to take action against any guest or visitor found to have tampered or interfered with any detection equipment throughout the building, including detector heads in public areas, guest rooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests or visitors found to have tampered with any fire detection or fire-fighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by The Stirling Suites due to their actions and will be evicted from the building. Depending on the severity of the guest actions, law enforcement may become involved at the The Stirling Suites’ discretion. Should the fact that fire-fighting or detection equipment had been tampered with come to light after the guesthas departed, The Stirling Suites reserve the right and guest hereby authorize us to charge guest credit or debit card for any damage incurred to guest room or the property during guest stay, including and without limitation for all property damage, missing or damaged items, cleaning fee, guest
22. The Stirling Suites is privately owned and operated. The Stirling Suites reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for whatsoever reason(s) that does not violate Federal or State laws. The Stirling Suites has a zero tolerance policy in which The Stirling Suites will refuse to admit or refuse service or accommodation including any guests who refuses to abide by the reasonable standards and policies established by the State of Sarawak and the owners for the operation and management of the property without refund. All The Stirling Suites will refuse service or evict a guest: for refusal or failure to pay for accommodations, who is under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or any other intoxicating substance and acts in a disorderly fashion as to disturb the peace of other guests including guest who is unable to properly supervise their children at all times, seeks to use the property for an unlawful and immoral purpose; seeks to bring into the property: an unlawfully possessed firearm; an explosive or hazardous or toxic substance, that is unlawful to possess and that may be dangerous to other persons; destroys, damages, defaces, or threatens harm to the property, staff or guests; causes or permits persons to exceed the maximum allowable occupancy of room, refuses to abide by the reasonable standards or policies established by The Stirling Suites for the operation and management of its property.
23. The Stirling Suites will not accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance of its contractual obligations is prevented or affected in whole or in part, by events or occurrences beyond the control of the Property. These includes, without limitation, threat of war, government action, terrorist activity, adverse weather condition, natural or industrial disaster, fire and explosions, floods, riot, civil disobedience, strife, acts of terrorism, acts of God, flood, war, strikes, riot, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disaster, government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule (collectively called “Force Majeure”).
24. Well behaved children of all ages are welcomed. A maximum of 2 children aged 12 and under stay for free when sharing a room with one or more paying adult(s), using existing bedding. The parents, guardians, or chaperones of children are personally and legally responsible for and must supervise children at all times. For safety reasons, please do not leave children unattended in guest rooms, swimming pools, or allow them to roam the property unsupervised.
25. Access to WiFi is free for The Stirling Suites registered guests. The WiFi access code is subject to change without notice. WiFi signals are subject to change without notice depending on the room’s location, the status of The Stirling Suites WiFi-equipment, and interference from other local wireless signals. The Stirling Suites assumes no liability for guest use.
26. The Stirling Suites provide housekeeping service to ensure an exceptionally clean and safe experience. The Housekeeping Staff is required to enter the room at subsequent times to clean the room, check for safety, and verify the condition of the room. Management reserves the right to enter a room for reasonable purposes, such as an emergency, housekeeping, maintenance, verify that the room, its furnishings, and mechanical equipment are intact, or to address or prevent a violation of The Stirling Suites House Rules. In the event of suspected illegal activity, management reserves the right to summon law enforcement to aid in eviction. The right to privacy ends when a House Rule is broken. Law enforcement will be granted immediate access to the property and rooms of evicted guests.
27. Lost & Found items are held for fourteen (14) days while The Stirling Suites attempt to contact the guest. If The Stirling Suites are unable to contact the guest during the fourteen (14) day holding period, the unclaimed item(s) are thrown away, given to local organizations, or disposed of accordingly by The Stirling Suites.
28. The Stirling Suites will retain all personal information which guest provide during booking for internal use.
29. Guest is hereby agree to indemnify The Stirling Suites or its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, representatives, employees and agents indemnified from and against any liability, loss, claim, dispute, demand, damage or cost (including without limitation legal fees) which arises out of or is caused by guest breach of the Terms and Conditions or guest violation of any laws or third party rights.
30. The Stirling Suites reserves the right to amend, modify, change, cancel, vary or add to these policies, house rules or the arrangements and content featured on The Stirling Suites website and social media pages at any time without prior notice. Please check The Stirling Suites website and social media pages regularly for updates to any changes to the above. Any modification that occurs before guets departure is considered a part of guest reservations agreement with us. A copy of these House Rules is located on The Stirling Suites website and social media pages and available at The Stirling Suites Guest Service Centre upon requests.
31. If there is any conflict or discrepancy between the English text of these Terms and Conditions and any translation thereof into any other language, the English text shall prevail.